Tuesday, May 15, 2012

cosme/vangelist

I'm super lucky.  Almost as soon as I graduated from Cosmetology School, I started working in my first salon!  It's been so hard to build clientele and balance that with loving my husband and leading our high school girls' Bible study and, of course, all my hundreds of hobbies (reading, knitting, songwriting, blogging(?), and socializing).

It's been a super fun and rewarding time, I looove having a job that allows me to use my creativity to make people feel good about themselves!

In our Bible study, we just finished the book of John.  Last year, I decided to use small group to lead our girls through all four gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John), hopeful that if they started coming to small group their freshman year of high school, they would encounter Jesus' life on earth through all four gospels by the time they got their diploma.

Week after week, the Lord uses this small group to shape me as much (if not more) than the students.  I absolutely LOVE to study scripture, and it has been an incredible struggle to be prepared for our weekly meetings as appointments in the salon have picked up.  Not surprisingly, self discipline has become one of my greatest requests in prayer.

John's gospel spoke to my heart in so many ways, but the obvious thing was Jesus' humble humanity and perfect divinity woven together into his time on Earth.  Every day, the followers of Christ experience this incredible reality when we strive to serve eternal souls with our temporary lives.

I know I do, at least.

Looking back on past posts on this blog, I'm so thankful that God is patient with me in my wanderings.  I pray for that same patience to make its self known in me.

Love.






No comments: